Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Theme it Up

I think everyone should have a theme song. When I was younger we watched this Chinese movie and every time this little boy would appear his song would play and it was cute. Music is such a huge part of our lives, from the moment we hear a song we associate taste, sound, memories with it. For instance, I know where I was, what I was doing and eating when I heard Destiny’s Child Bills, Bills, Bills. I also remember what song was playing when life was interrupted during 9/11. Music is a huge part of our lives and it is sad that music programs in our schools are first to go and gym class…easy A.

Any who, back to theme songs. I think a theme song can dictate your day, just like prayer in the morning (or whenever), just like a good breakfast, a good song can make Zumba everlasting. For me, I think everyone should have that universal theme song, something that gets them through anything and everything, makes them feel undefeated, strong, and powerful. A song that you know is on your iPhone, your iTunes, Google Music, and more….a song that you can relate to on every level, that should be your universal theme song.

I also believe in the daily theme song. Listen to your daily theme song, something you know will be in your head all day besides your universal song, and then listen to it as loudly as possible on the drive to work, waiting in line someone (headphones please) or just jogging. This is a song that isn’t repeated during the week…well maybe, but a song that gets played during that moment of “Oh goodness…today is going to…” BOOM, that song comes on. This is your daily theme song!

Now, to get the full effect of a theme song, listen to each song or just one of them and think about those lyrics, how they will impact your day, how you can be empowered by this song and what it makes you feel. When you are walking into work, picking up kids from daycare, or simply being the awesome mom you are (or dad), let your songs play in your head and rock this day (and everyday) out!

My reasoning behind my theme song today is because I plan on doing big things here in the next few months and this upcoming year. Making some plans and I’m about to be upgraded to the next level of Erika.


Today’s daily theme song: Upgrade Ya by BeyoncĂ© and Jay-Z (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nr8hPnZfMU

No comments:

Post a Comment